From the project 0158

London Transport RTW bus LUC253 at the London Transport Museum Depot at Acton, being used for 25 minute rides during the March 2012 open day. The RTW used a Leyland PD2/3 chassis and 6-cylinder 9.8 litre diesel. The body was by Park Royal Coachworks. The RTW was introduced in 1949, but, because it was 6" wider than the standard AEC Regent RT, it was banned from use in central London until 1951.

© All rights reserved